Monday, March 28, 2011

Long beautiful lashes! Easy!

While shopping at my local drug store I came across these Ardell DuraLash false eye lashes. I have never been a fan of false eyelashes because they are a mess to get on and irritate me. These were only about 4$ and they seemed interesting because they are little clumps instead of a whole eye piece so I decided to give them a shot.


You can see the packaging in the pictures above and below.


On the back you can see the instructions and it states that you use LashTite adhesive to apply them.


The adhesive was about 3$ and you use very little so it will last a long time. I felt like it was a pretty good deal so having to buy the glue separate from the lashes didn't upset me.


You can see the packaging for the adhesive above and below. The adhesive also shows instructions on the back of the box. I like that, you can see what you are getting into before you buy it.


Below, you can see my eye before I applied the lashes. My eyeshadow was already on. I recommend applying the lashes before you put on makeup if you plan to wear the lashes for more than one evening. Doing it before will cause the makeup to get in the glue and will still be visible after makeup removal.


Below, you can see how many I used. That is the amount I used for BOTH eyes so they give you plenty of lashes to work with!


I applied them exactly as the instructions told me. I put a drop of glue on a piece of aluminum foil. I then used tweezers to grab a clump of lashes and applied them to my own lash a little away from my lid.


Above is one eye after applying the false lashes but before applying mascara. In the two pictures below, you can see how the whole look, with mascara.




I have used this product twice and definitely plan on getting more. They are easy to apply and the second time I used them I was able to put them on more quickly and evenly, so it really is a piece of cake. They could probably last 3 or so days but, I get irritated with them and remove them. The first time I took them off the next day. The second time I used them, I left them on for two days before removing them. They seemed to be attached very well both times I removed them, so it's safe to say they last several days. I personally don't care to keep them on that long and they are cheap enough to use and replace so if your like me you will want to grab a bottle of remover and several packages of lashes.

I hope you like this post and enjoy these lashes as much as I did! Be sure to share it with all your friends on Facebook and Twitter! You can follow me on twitter for more updates @ashNICOLEley!! 
Happy Shopping!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment